Building a county of self-sufficient, healthy individuals, families, and communities through public health and social services, and collaboration with community partners.
To promote self-sufficiency and to protect, promote, preserve, and improve the health, quality of life, and the environment of the residents and communities of Stanly County.
Strategic Goal Statements
- Ensure the optimal capacity and infrastructure within the agency to carry out public health and social services functions.
- Effectively communicate accomplishments at the Stanly County Health and Human Services Agency and public health and social services issues internally and with external stakeholders.
- Assess and promote access to appropriate health care and services to infants, children and adults.
- Encourage individuals to adopt and sustain healthy and environmentally sound behaviors.Promote prevention strategies and/or manage chronic disease and injury and mitigate the associated disabilities.
- Promote prevention, surveillance and control of communicable diseases (i.e. rabies, STDs, food-borne illnesses, tuberculosis, etc.)
- Assess opportunities to reduce health disparity and inequity.
- Prevent and reduce the environmental risks to the public and our natural resources.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies and disasters.